ECG CAPABILITY AND PERFORMANCE DEVELOPMENT
Capability and performance development is about improving existing workplace operations and creating an ECG workforce which is fit for the future.
On a personal level, Performance and Capability Development is about helping you find out exactly what skills, knowledge and behaviour you need to master in order to do your job really well and progress your career in the ECG.
Shaping our workforce capability and workplace cultures so that they characterise responsive, adaptable and innovative service provision to the ACT Community requires us all:
- to be really clear about the purpose of our work and how it benefits our clients partners and the community;
- to bring ‘our own way of doing things’, all of our talent and diverse experience into the workplace and be comfortable sharing it with colleagues; and
- to commit to keep listening to our clients and partners, keep learning and asking “how can we do this better”?
The resources in this section are cornerstone tools which will help ECG managers and leaders to shape how their workforce operates and behaves.
The ECG Capability Framework shows us what we need to know and do.
ECG Capability Framework
The ECG Performance Framework Policy is a mechanism to make sure everyone is ‘on the same page’.
ECG Performance framework policy
Used alone or in combination, the performance and capability frameworks will add rigour, clarity and strategic direction to:
- recruitment activities;
- learning and development planning and allocation of funding;
- performance conversations;
- identifying business critical risks and opportunities;
- developing talent and general workforce capability;
- succession management for critical roles;
- audit or organisational performance assessments; and
- aspects of annual reporting.